cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larysa1

Menu component does not work anymore in the app after publishing. Nothing has changed, in the edit mode testing it does perfectly work

Menu component (was in library, but after import into app the same issue) does not work anymore in the app after publishing. It was working before the last publish of component and it works in studio when testing. When I start the app it just does not work. Now, even if restoring the last working version it just does nothing. I have to assume it is a bug on MS side, because it just stopped working for no reason. This app needs to go live in 1 week and I have no idea how to resolve this and I do not think anyone can except MS. @microsoft, what was changed? I am frustrated

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@larysa1 

You might want to take a look and follow this post.  Similar issue in that post to yours.

My guess is that you are using variables in your menu component...which are not good to use in a component unless you only have one instance of the component in your app.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
pdog763
Frequent Visitor

This may be related to a new feature Microsoft enabled with the components having access to the App scope.  Not sure if this is helpful but I have multiple components in my app.  Suddenly, the ones which rely on the OnReset function to not work properly  but the other components which do not rely on the OnReset function are working properly.  

This also may be related to the use of variables the other user mentioned.  I haven't read anywhere that using variables in components was not a best practice.  In my experience that is a main purpose of the OnReset function.  Microsoft's documentation specifically indicates that the SET function is scoped to the component unless you enable the new feature.

Thank you @RandyHayes for the feedback.  I will check out that post.  I am using variables within the component, and your comment about not using them for multiple component instances is interesting.  I was assuming that each instance of a component was disjoint from the template and fully encapsulated.  The fact that variables would not be advised for multiple instances seems counter to the reusability branding being put in place.  Also, the multiple instances is not the issue here as I am getting the error on the first occurrence of placing the component in the NEW app and I'm not getting the error on subsequent occurrences of the component in the existing app.

pdog763
Frequent Visitor

@RandyHayes, ignore my response to.  For some reason I thought this was related to one of my posts.  Not sure if I was alerted to this or I just didn't get my required two cups of coffee.  Your response did generate some insight on components I need to explore so thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,372)