cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oos
Advocate V
Advocate V

Menu to launch website PowerApps

Hi, I want to create a menu, and if you click on Screen5 it needs to launch a website. Is this possible? What I tried didnt work unfortunalaty. Thanks!

ClickToSite.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I've attached a POC App that highlights how you can do this - having it as a true/false value is easier than "a" but if you need more than one option I can elaborate.

image.png

1. Set value for Var on App Start initially

2. Collect Values, with one value for each website

3. Gallery of Collection from 2.

4. Create an OnSelect option for If(something, then Launch(Screen1), Launch(Screen2))

5. Button for changing Var to be able to Launch the other value

Feel free to test the App and let me know if you have any further questions,

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Oos 

This might be happening because as per your previous records, screen is of type number but in the last record you referred an action which returns boolean value.

Can you share a bit more information about the scenario that you are trying to achieve? Even if you add this clearcollect statement, Launch will open the new tab and save boolean(true/false) value in your collection, which it is not doing right now because the type differ in first four records.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I've attached a POC App that highlights how you can do this - having it as a true/false value is easier than "a" but if you need more than one option I can elaborate.

image.png

1. Set value for Var on App Start initially

2. Collect Values, with one value for each website

3. Gallery of Collection from 2.

4. Create an OnSelect option for If(something, then Launch(Screen1), Launch(Screen2))

5. Button for changing Var to be able to Launch the other value

Feel free to test the App and let me know if you have any further questions,

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,469)