Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gazbeer
Helper III
Helper III

Merge 2 formulas

Hi All,

I have 2 formulas that work for my gallery individually, however i would like them both to work together, could anyone rewrite the formula so the both work as one please? if you could explain how to do it would be amazing.

This one is for my filter :

Filter('RFFS Station Manager Event Log', StartsWith('Brief Description', FilterTextBox_1.Text))

and this one is for for sort button:

"(Sort('RFFS Station Manager Event Log', Created, If(vSorted2, Ascending, Descending)))"

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Gazbeer
Here you go.

Sort(Filter('RFFS Station Manager Event Log', StartsWith('Brief Description', FilterTextBox_1.Text)), Created, If(vSorted2, Ascending, Descending))

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gazbeer 

Something like this should work for you.

Sort(Filter('RFFS Station Manager Event Log', 
             StartsWith('Brief Description', FilterTextBox_1.Text)
     ), 
     Created, 
     If(vSorted2, Ascending, Descending)
)

The first argument that you provide to the Sort function specifies the data source to sort. At the moment, this is set to 'RFFS Station Manager Event Log'. You can replace this data source with a call to the Filter function. This will result in a formula that both sorts and filters your source data.

Hope that's of some help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Gazbeer
Here you go.

Sort(Filter('RFFS Station Manager Event Log', StartsWith('Brief Description', FilterTextBox_1.Text)), Created, If(vSorted2, Ascending, Descending))

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gazbeer 

Something like this should work for you.

Sort(Filter('RFFS Station Manager Event Log', 
             StartsWith('Brief Description', FilterTextBox_1.Text)
     ), 
     Created, 
     If(vSorted2, Ascending, Descending)
)

The first argument that you provide to the Sort function specifies the data source to sort. At the moment, this is set to 'RFFS Station Manager Event Log'. You can replace this data source with a call to the Filter function. This will result in a formula that both sorts and filters your source data.

Hope that's of some help.

Gazbeer
Helper III
Helper III

he strikes again!

😘

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,486)