Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngreen
Resolver I
Resolver I

Merge Attachment Collections?

Hello,

I'm trying to make a PowerApp with requested features that I'm not sure if I am just doing it wrong or if it just isn't possible. The desired result is multiple datacards with attachment fields (one for each section), that would get patched into the SharePoint list. SharePoint can only have one attachment column, so I would need to merge the collections for these attachment datacards into one collection at the end, correct? They all have the exact same columns, but I can't seem to figure out how to merge the attachment collections. Any advice? Is that the correct way to go about it or is there a more simple way that I am not aware of that allows for combining the datacard values like if I wanted to combine two text data card values?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ngreen ,

You should collect on each attachment control (adding to what is there from the previous controls). The process is in the video I linked.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ngreen ,

That is the conundrum when you attempt multiple attachment controls on the one record. You could collect all the content of the controls and then use the principle in this video from @RezaDorrani to save the last one only.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I'm actually using that principle when attachments get added into each attachment field. So they get the label before they'd all be collected for the final attachment collection. I'm just not sure how to collect all the collections or put all the attachments into one final attachment field at the end 

@ngreen ,

The Items of the last Attachment control just needs to be the Collection, but ensure the fields are named as per the video. If you add additional items, also follow the video. SubmitForm() will then work.

Ah okay. So it seems I was drastically overthinking it. I don't need any collections for the other attachments, just make one collection at the very end that collects the actual attachment fields. Any advice on how to collect the attachment data cards though? I'm not exactly sure of how that formula might look... 

@ngreen ,

You should collect on each attachment control (adding to what is there from the previous controls). The process is in the video I linked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,713)