cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ton_s
Frequent Visitor

Merge dates from columns of a Sharepoint List in Combo Box

Hi,

I'm trying to create events page. SP list as a data source. Each event will have three dates to choose from.

I have a Gallery with Combo Box and I want to merge dates from three colums of a SP list inside this Combo Box.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Digital
Super User
Super User

Is the data source of your gallery the same SP list that has the three dates?

If so you could create a table from the dates in your SharePoint list and use that to populate the combobox

ComboBox.Items

Table(
{value: Text(ThisItem.Date1,"dd/mm/yyyy")},
{value: Text(ThisItem.Date2,"dd/mm/yyyy")},
{value: Text(ThisItem.Date3,"dd/mm/yyyy")}
)

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ton_s 

No problem.

If you want to save yourself some typing, you can change that formula to:

[Text(ThisItem.Date1,"dd/mm/yyyy"), Text(ThisItem.Date2,"dd/mm/yyyy"), Text(ThisItem.Date3,"dd/mm/yyyy")]

This will produce a table with a Value column like you were suggested to do.  When using the square brackets in PowerApps, it will automatically do all the "Table" part and assigning the column name of Value for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ton_s 

Can you explain what you mean by "combine"? (EDIT: sorry - I meant "Merge")

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Digital
Super User
Super User

Is the data source of your gallery the same SP list that has the three dates?

If so you could create a table from the dates in your SharePoint list and use that to populate the combobox

ComboBox.Items

Table(
{value: Text(ThisItem.Date1,"dd/mm/yyyy")},
{value: Text(ThisItem.Date2,"dd/mm/yyyy")},
{value: Text(ThisItem.Date3,"dd/mm/yyyy")}
)

ton_s
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot!

ton_s
Frequent Visitor

I mean group dates from three columns of SP in one ComboBox inside Gallery.

User "Digital" already solved this for me, but thanks for trying to help.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ton_s 

No problem.

If you want to save yourself some typing, you can change that formula to:

[Text(ThisItem.Date1,"dd/mm/yyyy"), Text(ThisItem.Date2,"dd/mm/yyyy"), Text(ThisItem.Date3,"dd/mm/yyyy")]

This will produce a table with a Value column like you were suggested to do.  When using the square brackets in PowerApps, it will automatically do all the "Table" part and assigning the column name of Value for you.

ton_s
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! This one is cleaner.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (5,105)