cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonWS
Resolver II
Resolver II

Merge multiple single-column tables into one multi-column

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I'll be pasting data from each column of a table in an email into their own respective text boxes. I want to split all text boxes, and combine them together into a single collection. I have the split for each box working beautifully, however my attempt to collect them together results in nested collections. Is there a way to expand each nested table to become the whole column?

Or instead, is there a way to combine two one-column tables so each table is a column? All text boxes should have the same number of items. If they don't, I can figure that out ahead of time.

Here's my code that results in the nested collection. The Filter() and Len() is to omit the last empty item that exists when pasting from an excel or emailed table.

ClearCollect(
    colCustMat,
    {
        'Customer Material': Filter(
            Split(
                txtCustMatList,
                Char(10)
            ),
            Len(Result) > 0
        ),
        'Internal Material': Filter(
            Split(
                txtIntMatList,
                Char(10)
            ),
            Len(Result) > 0
        )
    }
)

I have this working beautifully in Excel and Visual Basic for Applications, but I'd like to transition that to PowerApps.

JasonWS_0-1652878757928.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JasonWS,

Do you want to expand all the nested columns within your collection?

Modify your formula as below:

With(
     {
      'Customer Material':Filter(Split(txtCustMatList,Char(10)),Len(Result) > 0),
      'Internal Material': Filter(Split(txtIntMatList,Char(10)),Len(Result) > 0)
     },
     ForAll(
         Sequence(CountRows('Customer Material')),
         Collect(colCustMat,{
                             'Customer Material':Last(FirstN('Customer Material',Value)).Result, 
                             'Internal Material':Last(FirstN('Internal Material',Value)).Result
                            }
         )
     )
)

vqiaqimsft_1-1653038433049.png

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JasonWS,

Do you want to expand all the nested columns within your collection?

Modify your formula as below:

With(
     {
      'Customer Material':Filter(Split(txtCustMatList,Char(10)),Len(Result) > 0),
      'Internal Material': Filter(Split(txtIntMatList,Char(10)),Len(Result) > 0)
     },
     ForAll(
         Sequence(CountRows('Customer Material')),
         Collect(colCustMat,{
                             'Customer Material':Last(FirstN('Customer Material',Value)).Result, 
                             'Internal Material':Last(FirstN('Internal Material',Value)).Result
                            }
         )
     )
)

vqiaqimsft_1-1653038433049.png

Best Regards,
Qi

I appreciate the reply. This looks like it would work beautifully! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,690)