Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mayur2
Level: Powered On

Merging different screens into one screen

Hi,

Right now my canvas app has many screens out of which I want to merge 4 screens into 1, each screen has gallery/forms of its own.

But whenever I copy paste form/gallery from screen 2 to screen 1, the screen doesn't become scroll-able i.e. screen 1 size remains same.

I tried changing the app size by increasing height(from 750 to 1500) but it looks very messy and unreadable.Capture.PNGHere i have tried to copy paste a form from screen2 into screen1 and increasing the height too.

Is there a way to make screen size dynamic so that I can add one form after another(each having height as long as screen ) and get a scroll bar in the screen?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Merging different screens into one screen

Hey @mayur2, while I don't have a great suggestion for making a dynamic screen size, I do have a suggestion that could solve your issue. There is a scrolling canvas control that is only found by adding a new screen that is the "Scrollable" type. 

2019-12-09.pngScrollable screen

There is a Canvas object which can be copied and pasted into your screen and will allow you to then copy and paste the screen elements into sections (called DataCards by default).

2019-12-09 (1).pngThe Canvas object

Adding more DataCards is simple; just click the 'Add section' text at the bottom of the Canvas object.

2019-12-09 (2).pngAdd section

One note: copying and pasting can behave strangely at times in my experience. You may need to select an object in the DataCard rather than the DataCard itself, which can sometimes mean adding a temporary object, like a text label, to give something to select and then delete after pasting what you need.

Another thing to note is that the scroll bouncing is pretty harsh. It isn't a nice rebound like galleries have when you scroll past the extremes; this one slams into place.

If I can help more with this technique, feel free to let me know! I'd be happy to follow up!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,783)