cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanme55
Regular Visitor

Message popup within component

I am creating an app with a static sidebar. I created the sidebar/menu as a component and added to each page. I want to have an "about this app" button on the sidebar. I want the user to click the button and a message popup with info about the app in a message box. Do i have to include the message box layer in each page with the visible toggled on/off or can i include this within the component? I'm very new to power apps, so hopefully this question makes sense!

3 REPLIES 3
Adrian_Celis
Super User
Super User

Hi @vanme55 

Yes you can put your popup inside the component itself. But since it's a popup, you have to make your component size the same as your screen size (1366 x 768 is the standard size for tablet layout). You can place a button/icon in your component to trigger when the popup should show using variables. You can do this so you won't have to individually place and maintain each popup in each screen.

vanme55
Regular Visitor

Thank you--this was very helpful. Running into an issue though. Have a button on my sidebar that toggles a variable that toggles a popup box visible or not. However, because it covers the whole screen, it covers certain buttons that I need the user to be able to access. is there a way to have the toggle move the popup backward? Because when it's not visible, it's still "there" so either the popup covers the buttons when invisible and it cant be clicked or the buttons overlay my popup which defeats the purpose. thank you!

Hi @vanme55 

If your popup is invisible, it is still 'there' but it removes from the interface which means your users will be able click anything 'behind' it. Not sure if that's what you meant. But please give me more details if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,499)