cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CindyZ
Level: Powered On

Metadata for Attachments

I have a PowerApps form.  It appears that I cannot add any more than 6 attachments to a record.  That limitation is too small for our needs. 

So, I created an "Add documents" button that opens a document library where they can upload their documents == which is better since they can drag and drop a large group of documents if need be instead of one at a time.  

However, right now, people need to remember to copy the order number so they can add it to an order number metadata column to show the association.  So, that is a 5 step manual task.  

1. Remember to copy the order number
  2. Select Quick Edit 
  3. Paste the order number 
  4. Drag the order number 
  5. Close quick edit.  

Can anyone think of a way that I can capture the order number when I click the "add documents" button and then have it automagically assign that to each item in that specific group of documents being uploaded To eliminate that 5-step manual task?  

Thanks so much! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dynamicsedge
Level 8

Re: Metadata for Attachments

@CindyZ 

@CindyZ wrote:

I have a PowerApps form.  It appears that I cannot add any more than 6 attachments to a record.  That limitation is too small for our needs. 

The limit should actually be able to be raised higher than 6 with a simple change to the control.

Regarding Attachments limit try this similar discussion Attachment file count limit? 

1. "MaxAttachments – The maximum number of files the control will accept."... "The default value of the MaxAttachments is set to 6 from my testing." ... "If you would like to add more than 6 attachments, then take a try with a larger value of this property." (paraphrased based on response from-  )

2. The simple change described above by itself,  may enable you to put more than 6 attachments.

3. Also try this as well:

If you run into Data Source hard limit during development of Canvas App at some point, consider to re-model the data in Common Data Service instead of SharePoint List by using the File field of Common Data Service Entity to see if it fits your needs better. This is a newer feature and the File fields from Common Data Service Entity should be usable from PowerApps Canvas apps at this time. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dynamicsedge
Level 8

@CindyZ 

@CindyZ wrote:

The limit should actually be able to be raised higher than 6 with a simple change to the control.

Regarding Attachments limit try this similar discussion Attachment file count limit? 

1. "MaxAttachments – The maximum number of files the control will accept."... "The default value of the MaxAttachments is set to 6 from my testing." ... "If you would like to add more than 6 attachments, then take a try with a larger value of this property." (paraphrased based on response from-  )

2. The simple change described above by itself,  may enable you to put more than 6 attachments.

3. Also try this as well:

If you run into Data Source hard limit during development of Canvas App at some point, consider to re-model the data in Common Data Service instead of SharePoint List by using the File field of Common Data Service Entity to see if it fits your needs better. This is a newer feature and the File fields from Common Data Service Entity should be usable from PowerApps Canvas apps at this time. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
CindyZ
Level: Powered On

Oh my gosh!   Thanks so much for your quick answer!  Can't believe I missed that!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,803)