cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Method to Remove items from local Collection

I have an app that will collect information in a local Collection. Once the user approves the data within the Collection, the entire Collection is then Patched to the Common Data Service.

I am struggling getting the Remove() function to work with a local Collection. It has always worked properly whenever used with a connected data source (such as Microsoft CDS), but I cannot get it to remove a single row from a local colllection.

PA2.PNG

I have also tried placing the Delete Icon inside a DataCard element of the EditForm (and used ThisItem instead of Gallery.Selected), but it did not work either.

What's the best way to Remove from a local Collection?

Thank you!!

13 REPLIES 13

What you are talking about seems to be using CDS (Common Data Service). If you are using a CDS as Data Source of course you can use the system-generated columns such as RecordID. This is just if you are using CDS, in the case of local collections you should made yourself a RecordID column because collections don't generate this automatically this data. For example if you create a collection just like this:

Collect(PP;[1;2;3;4;5]) you can see that it will create a table called PP and it will only have 1 column called "Value", this is because "Value" is the default name of the column if we don't define it explicitly.

Regards,

nickduxfield
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I believe in Germany the ; is used. In some instances twice

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you plese share the solution for your problem please? 
I might have similiar porblem with you. I want to remove specific records from my collection.

thanks,

pytbyt

dcoxi21
Frequent Visitor

What is "Cultivar" referencing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,363)