cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Method to Remove items from local Collection

I have an app that will collect information in a local Collection. Once the user approves the data within the Collection, the entire Collection is then Patched to the Common Data Service.

I am struggling getting the Remove() function to work with a local Collection. It has always worked properly whenever used with a connected data source (such as Microsoft CDS), but I cannot get it to remove a single row from a local colllection.

PA2.PNG

I have also tried placing the Delete Icon inside a DataCard element of the EditForm (and used ThisItem instead of Gallery.Selected), but it did not work either.

What's the best way to Remove from a local Collection?

Thank you!!

13 REPLIES 13

What you are talking about seems to be using CDS (Common Data Service). If you are using a CDS as Data Source of course you can use the system-generated columns such as RecordID. This is just if you are using CDS, in the case of local collections you should made yourself a RecordID column because collections don't generate this automatically this data. For example if you create a collection just like this:

Collect(PP;[1;2;3;4;5]) you can see that it will create a table called PP and it will only have 1 column called "Value", this is because "Value" is the default name of the column if we don't define it explicitly.

Regards,

nickduxfield
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I believe in Germany the ; is used. In some instances twice

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you plese share the solution for your problem please? 
I might have similiar porblem with you. I want to remove specific records from my collection.

thanks,

pytbyt

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is "Cultivar" referencing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,033)