cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_San
Helper I
Helper I

Method to clear field

We created a form to submit nominations which will get saved as list in Sharepoint. We have a field called "Need More Info" which is a text box with multiple lines. If the nominator provides more information as requested, there should be a method to clear what's in the "Needs More Info" Field. Created a button called "Clear" next to it hoping that when clicked it should clear the text in the "Needs More Info" Field with Reset() command. But it expects the default value of "Needs More Info" Field to be blank or "". Currently is it Parent.Default. When I make it " " , it is not displaying the data in the field at all. Any help would be appreciated. New to powerapps.

22 REPLIES 22

@A_San ,

The Update of the card should be

'Information NeededDataCard2'.Text

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz 

It is giving an error .

SS9.PNG

@A_San ,

Sorry - that is actually the card not the control - it is a bit difficult deciphering pictures.

I go back again to my previous post - is your TextBox named InformationNeeded (the same as the field). If so, change it now to something else (as an example InfoNeeded) - then your Update will be InfoNeeded.Text.

This is not difficult issue - your card Update simply needs to be the output of the control and you should not name this the same as the field as this leads to Ambiguity.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,981)