cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyee4613
Helper V
Helper V

Microsoft App In a Day: Reviews

Hi.  I'm very new to Power Apps.  I came across this App in a Day event and I wanted to see if it was worth attending for someone in my position.  I was hoping someone who has experience with these events or PowerApps in general can help me answer a few questions.

1) The overall goal of attending would be to get a better understanding of PowerApp's capabilities.  I understand the basics of what PowerApp does but I don't have enough of an understanding to identify where it could solve potential problems for our current operations.  I don't need to be able to be able to build the app after attending this event but it is important to be able to tell my boss the type of problems I can solve using PowerApps (after becoming considerably more competent).  

2) Is there sufficient benefit to going in person?  Generally, I learn from watching training videos becasue I do them at double speed but starting off I can see a lot of value being in person.  Are the events interactive or is it more of a seminar?  Do we actually build the apps along with the presenters or do we watch them build it?  

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WPB
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

When I attended earlier this week to an App-in-a-day event, it was in a classroom where you bring your own laptop. After a 30 minutes presentation, you get a PDF by e-mail of the steps to follow to develop the app. The instructor goes person to person to answer questions. It's really helpful for starters and even more advanced users since it's really a personalized experience. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WPB
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

When I attended earlier this week to an App-in-a-day event, it was in a classroom where you bring your own laptop. After a 30 minutes presentation, you get a PDF by e-mail of the steps to follow to develop the app. The instructor goes person to person to answer questions. It's really helpful for starters and even more advanced users since it's really a personalized experience. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,261)