cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Microsoft Disabled Form Creation in SharePoint Online

I am very used to creating forms and adding a little javascript.  I often do this with custom content types.  Recently I started getting an error in Sharepoint Online and I contacted support.  They informed my that they introduced a bug that ruined the ability to create custom forms.  I really find this horribly unacceptable as from my understanding PowerApps doesn't properly support content types.

Kindly be aware that Microsoft identified an issue affecting SharePoint Designer functionality for creating and editing custom Forms within SharePoint Online. After careful examination, it was determined that there is no known fix for this issue and have elected to disable the feature effective as of 3:00 AM UTC on Saturday, April 25, 2020.

So I need to understand what am I supposed to do when content types are core to Sharepoint.  What are other people doing to get passed this?  What do I need to learn to get around this? 

I'm super frustrated because I use content types a lot and they almost always have a custom form.  Now I don't know what I should do.  Create a new library for every FORM?  That's so stupid!  

Please everyone I'm really lost with Microsoft offerings right now.  It's like I'm painted into a corner.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,376)