cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Flow and Send mail from Sharepoint List

Hello, I use microsoft flow (via a sharepoint list) to send an email each time an item is created (powerapps form). But I would like the field: "From" and the one that does not show my email address but the name of the sharepoint list used. I tested "send notification by email" and it works but the content of my email no longer shows the HTML code. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Re: Microsoft Flow and Send mail from Sharepoint List

I have been using a flow to automatically sort emails and trigger advanced-auto replies, and you will have to be aware of which actions are available on Outlook O365 Connector. 

If you have delegated access, there is no action to reply to an email on a delegated account.

It is only possible to reply to an email using the account's own credentials.

That may force you to have user license on a mailbox, and delegate access to it. On Flow, you would use this account's credentials to connect to it, so you can use the Reply command. 

If you try to move and sort emails, you will be also limited, as there are no actions to create folders inside Outlook O365. 

Also, Microsoft's "Message ID" property subverts the expectation of a unique message identifier, in the sense that it changes if you move it to another folder. There is a permanent "Internet Message ID" property that is immutable, but one cannot select a message directly with it. 

Bottom line: if you need to track the email messages sent by your system, make sure you have some sort of unique identifier for the message, or at least a process id for the conversation, that you prepend or append to the message subject, so you can use plain message filtering to locate messages. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @fredflo27 

The send email notification action in flow, does not support HTML. To send HTML content you need to use the send outlook email action. Now if you do not want the email to be sent from the user/ connection owners account, you need to setup a shared mailbox as a service account and send the emails from that account. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your fast response.  But a sharepoint, by default, a list has not mail adress ?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @fredflo27 

In the flow the user runs it right, so the connection for email is used in context of the user and not the SP list.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

for the shared mailbox I have to ask the creation to the Exchange service I suppose?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @fredflo27 

Your office administration can also do that.  (And if you are an admin, you can create a shared mailbox and assign users over there)

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am unfortunately not an administrator of my Office account

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have been using a flow to automatically sort emails and trigger advanced-auto replies, and you will have to be aware of which actions are available on Outlook O365 Connector. 

If you have delegated access, there is no action to reply to an email on a delegated account.

It is only possible to reply to an email using the account's own credentials.

That may force you to have user license on a mailbox, and delegate access to it. On Flow, you would use this account's credentials to connect to it, so you can use the Reply command. 

If you try to move and sort emails, you will be also limited, as there are no actions to create folders inside Outlook O365. 

Also, Microsoft's "Message ID" property subverts the expectation of a unique message identifier, in the sense that it changes if you move it to another folder. There is a permanent "Internet Message ID" property that is immutable, but one cannot select a message directly with it. 

Bottom line: if you need to track the email messages sent by your system, make sure you have some sort of unique identifier for the message, or at least a process id for the conversation, that you prepend or append to the message subject, so you can use plain message filtering to locate messages. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fredflo27 ,

Do you want the sender of the email sent using "Send an email" action of Outlook to be the creator of the submitted item?

Actually, the sender of the email sent using "Send an email" action of Outlook is subject to the connection. In other words, if the User A create a connection to the "Send an email" action in your flow, the sender of the email would be User A, if User B create a connection to the "Send an email" action in your flow, the sender of the email would be User B.

Currently, within Microsoft Flow, there is no way to change the connection of the "Send an email" action dynamically. As an alternative solution, please consider take try to set up a common service account, then use the service account to create a connection to the "Send an email" action in your flow, then use the service account as the Sender of the email.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

i used "send http request to sharepoint" and it's works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,621)