cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Participant
Power Participant

Microsoft Flow vs Plugins

I was creating a Model-based PoweApps, when I need to query a few records and based on that need to create other records. I know it can be achieved by using Plugins as well as flow. But I have heard using flow can be a little inconsistent and in a data-driven app, this might bring the issue.

Can someone give a good explanation on when to use Microsoft Flow and when to use Plugins?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Participant
Power Participant

We use Plugins a lot because its more robust. With PowerAutomate sometime you might mess up connection so for crucial business logics, plugins are the best unless there comes a day when you don't have to worry about PowerAutomate failing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @summitb ,

Could you explain more about what you are trying to do in PowerApps?  According to your description "query a few records and based on that need to create other records" can also be achieved within PowerApps directly. Please tell us the related data sources and how you want to query and create the records.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Power Participant
Power Participant

We use Plugins a lot because its more robust. With PowerAutomate sometime you might mess up connection so for crucial business logics, plugins are the best unless there comes a day when you don't have to worry about PowerAutomate failing.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (65,858)