cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghodgson
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Power Apps HelpDesk Sample

Hello there,

I am new to Power Apps so please bear with me.  I have installed the Power Apps Helpdesk Sample app, currently testing with 1 user who is both the admin and a user.

I can create a new ticket, I can update the ticket, it all makes to Sharepoint with no issues.  However I am not getting any emails, I have changed the email address in the flow under case not started to the same email but I am not getting any errors etc. but it is like the flow is never getting run.  When I look at the flow everything looks correct but no emails when case is opened, or when it is edited etc.

Any Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Microsoft Power Apps HelpDesk Sample

Hi @ghodgson ,

Do you want to send an email when you open or edit a ticket in help desk template app?

Actually, the template app does not have the function of sending an email when you open or edit a ticket.

But if you want to, you could add this feather.

Firstly, you need to connect with Office365 outlook connector, which is the connector that sending email needs.

3190.PNG

1)view a ticket:

set ViewTicketScreen's OnVisible:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(TO,subject,body)

31901.PNG

2)set EditTicketScreen's OnVisible:

UpdateContext({ShowAssignedToGallery:false, AssignedToUserDisplayName:SelectedTicket.AssignedTO});Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(TO,subject,body)

31902.PNG

Then when someone is viewing a ticket or editing a ticket, an email will be sent.

You need to fill in the to_email address, the email subject and the email body.

The syntax of sending email:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(to_email address, the email subject , the email body)

Here's a doc about this connector for your reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#create-event-(v4)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ghodgson
Frequent Visitor

Hi Phoebe

I think you misunderstand me, this is the helpdesk sample app directly from Microsoft, it has a built in flow that is supposed to send emails etc. I have everything working except the Flow to send emails, when a new case is created and when a new case is assigned.

Thanks

Grant

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ghodgson ,

I'm sorry that I could not find help desk template in flow.

32011.PNG

About the feathers that you want, just need to do these:

1)add a tigger: when a new case is created

add an action:  send email

2)add a tigger: a new case is assigned.

add an action:  send email

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,738)