cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisHelloThere

Microsoft PowerApp - Deleting duplicates in excel using a UniqueID (not working for one PowerApp user)

Hello,

I've developed a PowerApp that allows users to edit records in an excel worksheet. Simply put,

• Records in the excel worksheet have a Unique Identifier, pre-determined by scrambling together 26 letters and characters in random order
  • In the PowerApp is a gallery made up of the responses in the excel worksheet
  • In this gallery, a user can make edits to the records in the response sheet row by row (there are dropdowns and open-ended comments)
  • When an edit is made in one row, that whole row is recorded in a collection
  • After making all necessary edits, the user clicks a submit button
  • First, PowerApp checks the collection and looks for the Unique Identifier column. Then, it goes to the excel worksheet, finds each Unique Identifier that it previously found in the collection, and deletes those rows completely. Finally, it appends the collection to the excel worksheet.
  • So basically, the original record in the excel worksheet is deleted before appending the new record

I have about 20 users of the PowerApp. This process works for 19 of them. For some reason, for one user, the PowerApp skips the "remove duplication" step, so we end up with many duplicate rows. It's as if the PowerApp doesn't check and delete Unique Identifiers for this one use, and I don't know why. The issue is not systematic since it only affects one person.

Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this? Perhaps that user's computer is just slow?

Chris

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,144)