Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Teams access broken

Hi All,

we have a team in Microsoft Teams called "New intiatives", and we have uploaded set of documents in General-->files, now one of our team member requested to show a particular file to set of users only, i went to sharepoint and created a new group and added set of users to that and assigned that particular document(stopped inherited permissions)

Now the issue is any new documents that are uploaded by other team members are unable to see them, only owners are able to see them

but i have checked the same in other teams its working fine but with in my team our members couldnt able to see each other documents, i believe the link between teams and sharepoint has broken, can any one help me how to resolve this issue

I see below message for Fullcontrol, Limited access to owners, but i dont see the same message in other teams.

Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft Teams access broken

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you assign proper permission (Read or Edit) of the new uploaded file to the group that you created?

Further, which permission do you assign to the group that you created?

Please check if you have assigned appropriate SP Site permission (e.g. Contribute permission) to the group that you created.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response Kris,

I did assign previlages(contribute) to the group i created, but issue is not with the group i created, after i did all of this, Teams access with sharepoint is broken, with in team members we are unable to see each other documents that are uploaded in files section, only owners of the teams able to see them with out any issues.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you assign proper permission for your MS Teams team (New intiatives) to the new created group?

I suppose that you created a new group in your own SP site rather than within the SP site the New intiatives team belongs to. In addition, you could also not create a new group within the SP site the New intiatives team belongs to.

In other words, the new group that you created and the MS Teams team (New intiatives) are not in same SP site.

Please make sure that you have assigned proper permission for your MS Teams team (New intiatives) to the new created group. Please check the following GIF screenshot:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,186)