cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Microsoft Translate - Setting default combo box from Collection

I have a combo box in which I'd like to set the default value but I've not been successful.

I'm using a collection generated on Screen visible…ClearCollect(varAllLanguages,MicrosoftTranslator.Languages())   My collection houses Name and Code.  My Combo Box Items is: ShowColumns(varAllLanguages,"Name", "Code"). 

The translation works fine when I change the languages. However, I'd like to set the default to English and have not been unsuccessful.

After tons of tries, I've left my combo box DefaultSelectedItems set to varAlllanguages and I currently have nothing in Default.

Any insight?

Thank you. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I think in for defaultseletecteditems you want to use something like:

LookUp(varAllLanguages, Code = "en-us")

Sorry, can't remember if 'Code' is the correct column name, but you can check that in the collection view.

DefaultSelectedItems needs to be set to a specific record if multiselect is set to false or to a set of records (table) if multiselect is set to true.

Also remember to reset the combobox (to return it to the default value) when testing and/or when opening the screen (OnVisible).

Highlighted

Wow, thanks so much!  I'm anxious to get back in and try it but, alas, I've run out of translates for the day.  Will get back to you tomorrow!  Really appreciate the quick response. 

Highlighted

Yes, that worked!  Sorry for the delay, I was just now able to get back to it to check as it had seemed it did not work. 

Thanks so very much!   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,261)