cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tapper
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Translator V2

Hi guys, 

I've set up the Microsoft Translator V2 resource in Azure and created the connector in PowerApps (with Subscription key). 

Now when ever I try to convert a text box to a given language, I'm getting the below message. 

Text: MicrosoftTranslatorV2.Translate("fr", "this is the text")
Result:  'Behavior function in a non-behavior property. you cant use this property to change values in the app'

(image attached)

After some research it looks as though the V1 Microsoft Translator converts text labels within an object no trouble. Where as the V2 version wants a variable first (which wont work with muli-screen apps or galleries. 

(Similar Issue: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Microsoft-Translator-V2/td-p/308147)

Has anyone been able to implement this, as I have hit a major brick wall with this issue. It would be impossible to set all of my labels/galleries etc to variables (which does work), and I cant use MicrosoftTranslator.Translate as it is now a [deprecated] version. (also V3 isn't available in the power apps connectors, unless its hidden somewhere). 

Thanks in advance of your help 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
RossB
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

I've been playing around with this scenario in my environment and I'm not sure that I can come up with a solution for you with regards to what you are looking for.  To get a better idea of what it is that you are trying to do, I think this would be better handled in a support case so that we could get input from other resources in the organization.  

Thanks!

NightKing
Advocate I
Advocate I

Indeed the V2-Connector not working properly with Gallerys, because of this behavior with variable and OnSelect/OnChange-Event:

Solved: Microsoft Translator V2 - Power Platform Community

Partha
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Atappe 
Found any way to fix this limitation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,431)