Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmad-KAISPE
Helper V
Helper V

Migrate Canvas App with Share Point Data

Hi all,

I have created a canvas app using share point as my database. 

I want to migrate my app from one account to a different account along with my share point database.

1st possible solution I know is to export and import app. For sharepoint, I have to export list in excel file and manually import list data. But when I export sharepoint data in excel, all of my list data converted into text form. So, when I am importing  excel file in sharepoint list, I have to configure list again like configure dropdown etc. (Which is all manual process)

2nd possible solution is, using DevOps. But in DevOps, I have to use 3rd party connector to migrate all.

Is there any other possible solution? if yes, please suggest me I would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ahmad   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Ahmad-KAISPE ,'

You should be able to do the following

1. Save your SharePoint list as a Template and check "include content"
  2. Go to Site Settings then List Templates (in Web Designer Galleries) and down load the template
  3. Go to you new site in the same place and upload it
  4. Create a new App on the new site and this template will be towards the end of the list.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Ahmad-KAISPE ,'

You should be able to do the following

1. Save your SharePoint list as a Template and check "include content"
  2. Go to Site Settings then List Templates (in Web Designer Galleries) and down load the template
  3. Go to you new site in the same place and upload it
  4. Create a new App on the new site and this template will be towards the end of the list.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

FrostedFlake
Resolver I
Resolver I

In addition to your first solution:
When you exported the SharePoint list into Excel, click on the table in excel and go to "table designer" in the excel navigation. Then you click on "Export" --> "Export table to SharePoint list...". After setting the adress of your destination SharePoint and the list name, you click next. There you will see all columns with the correct datatypes. Click finish and the export to your SharePoint with the correct datatypes is done.

Let me know how it worked!

@Ahmad-KAISPE ,

The Excel format option as described by @FrostedFlake certainly works, but the Template option also bring across all of your views.

Is there even a "template" function in the modern SharePoint? I cant find it. Usually its under "List settings" --> "Permissions and Management", but at a modern SharePoint this point is missing.....

Struggling right now migrating a Canvas App to a new SharePoint.

FrostedFlake
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you very much! In the past I successfully migrated my PowerApps between Sharepoints following the guide I mentioned here, but now it is no longer possible....

Thanks for your effort, but "Allow users to run custom script on self-service created sites" and "Allow users to run custom script on persona sites" were already activated, but there is regardless no option to save the list as a template...

Hi All,'

This has got to be something to do with your settings "higher up" and firstly I am no expert on these, but the below is one of my new sites with nothing changed in the default settings. I actually migrated a couple of lists onto this last week using the process I described and all views came over. The only thing that did not was my Power Apps customised edit form and I copied and pasted that over.

TemplateSave.jpg

You copied and pasted the PowerApps form over? Please let me know how you done that!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,428)