cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Migrate Excel data source file from one drive to Sharepoint

Hi All, 

I completed my first Powerapps application based on an Excel File created in my One Drive Cloud. 

This application will be used to create a New Release Schedule product with som validation steps, automatic email info etc etc.  This app should be used from more than 20 users.

I don't want to share my One Drive file to each user and the better thing is to move the file excel to Sharepoint Cloud that is already shared to all business users. 

I tried to create a Sharepoint List with the same fields name but when I change the data source on my app, all fields features, aspect and settings has lost.

Do you have some suggestion to move the data source without made big changes in my app?

Thanks a lot

Davide 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheGallons ,

Do you want to export excel file to sharepoint list?

Actually, you do not need to create a new sharepoint list. In excel, it already has the function of "export to sharepoint list". Then it will automatically generate a new list stored the data of the excel file.

Firstly, you need to download this excel file. Only excel in local has this function.

Secondly, please format your data as a table.

Thirdly, choose this table, in the design pane, select export.

1025 (3)_LI.jpg

Click "export to sharepoint list"10251.PNG

Then, the data will be exported to sharepoint list.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There really is no way to easily do what you are describing.  If you change the connection it will invalidate a lot of the dynamic content you are using.  So you will have to go back and fix it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheGallons ,

Do you want to export excel file to sharepoint list?

Actually, you do not need to create a new sharepoint list. In excel, it already has the function of "export to sharepoint list". Then it will automatically generate a new list stored the data of the excel file.

Firstly, you need to download this excel file. Only excel in local has this function.

Secondly, please format your data as a table.

Thirdly, choose this table, in the design pane, select export.

1025 (3)_LI.jpg

Click "export to sharepoint list"10251.PNG

Then, the data will be exported to sharepoint list.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (26,195)