cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Migrating List customization to Standalone App

When I started customizing the form, I chose "Customize forms" from SharePoint list.

Now I am questioning myself if I should have chosen Standalone app. Not that I am facing any challenges but just wanted to hear from you experts to understand which one is the best and why one has to choose one over the other.

I also want to know if custom list forms can be copied over to standalone app easily.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Migrating List customization to Standalone App

Hi @Lana ,

It is really up to whether you need access to the SharePoint list as well - more a business need than a programming one.

Also yes - you can quite easily copy and paste a complete form from a standalone to integrated or the reverse. You just have to ensure the canvas is the same size (width in particular) and all data sources are connected. Also the Form Item will need to be changed.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Migrating List customization to Standalone App

Hi @Lana ,

It is really up to whether you need access to the SharePoint list as well - more a business need than a programming one.

Also yes - you can quite easily copy and paste a complete form from a standalone to integrated or the reverse. You just have to ensure the canvas is the same size (width in particular) and all data sources are connected. Also the Form Item will need to be changed.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,224)