cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajeey3
Frequent Visitor

Migrating from Normal Canvas apps to PowerApps for Teams/Dataverse

Hi PowerApps,

I recently developed a Salary Review application just using the normal PowerApps in Browser experience, working with SharePoint lists. Honestly, SharePoint lists are the only data source I have used so far with PowerApps and all my apps. 

Due to security concerns of Salary data in SharePoint lists, our business is exploring the possibility of migrating the app (possible re-build) of it into Powerapps for teams working with dataverse.

This has kind of unsettled me a little as I am confident working with SharePoint lists, dropdowns, collections etc. However, on first try using these features in PowerApps for teams, things seem really different working with Dataverse.

Is there key differences working with:

- Dropdowns e.g. Selected.Result or Selected.Value

- Collections from Dataverse e.g. ClearCollect(StatusCollection, {Result: "All Status"});
Collect(StatusCollection, Distinct(Data, Approved.Value));

Also does PowerApps for Teams apps need to be responsive layout? the app looks fine in editor but when you play its not in proportion?

Is there any useful Videos/Blogs out there that could help me learn?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (86,715)