cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinC14
Frequent Visitor

Missing Update Property

I'm currently building a form based off of a SharePoint List and I'm using the default cards that you can add from the "Field"s option to the right. When I add certain cards, some have the Update property while others don't. All of them have the Display mode set to 'Edit' and the SharePoint Form itself is also 'Edit'. It is like this both before and after I unlock the data cards. Anyone have an idea why some would have it and not others? I've also seen all the other posts related to this topic and none of there solutions worked for me. 

Without it: 

MartinC14_1-1629398158097.png

With it: 

MartinC14_2-1629398195847.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MartinC14 

Having an Update property is dependent on the underlying column/field.  If it is read-only, the datacard will not have an Update property and not participate in the update process.

Check the type of column you have, and check the Control Type you are selecting when adding the column/field.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MartinC14 

Having an Update property is dependent on the underlying column/field.  If it is read-only, the datacard will not have an Update property and not participate in the update process.

Check the type of column you have, and check the Control Type you are selecting when adding the column/field.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,586)