cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

'Missing column. Your formula is missing a column 'Email' with the type of Text' when trying to patch person field

I am trying to patch this people field in my SharePoint list which i was unable to since its giving me this following error. I have done this kind of people field all over the application with other data sources without any problem. But this is only place i got this error.

'Missing column. Your formula is missing a column 'Email' with the type of Text' when trying to patch person field

PAppError.png

This is kind of strange issue is because i have filled all the details that needed by this specific column type. Hoping a answer soon.

17 REPLIES 17
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Your formula looks good.  I'd say try the following:
- Make sure the column in sharepoint can only select 1 person

- Cut your formula out and make sure the rest of your patch works fine first

- Refresh your datasource

- Close & Re-open app designer

- Try copy pasting this:

Spoiler
{
'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & User().Email,
Department: "",
DisplayName: "",
Email: User().Email,
JobTitle: "",
Picture: ""
}

Just tested and the attached code works a treat.  So either something weird has cached, or a character is wrong.

Thanks for the response @BrettR. This is actually a cut out version of my original formula. Without this part the patch function works perfectly.

- Make sure the column in sharepoint can only select 1 person - Checked on SharePoint Column and its configured for single select.

- Cut your formula out and make sure the rest of your patch works fine first - Already done that as mentioned

- Refresh your datasource - Already Tried

- Close & Re-open app designer - Already Tried

The problem that i have is i have multiple data sources in my form and im doing the same thing for other data sources (SharePoint Lists) without any problem. I also tried the following.

- Create a New PowerApp and add same data source with doing the same

Funny thing is i have created a new list with same content type. That doesn't have any error.

But then again if i change the data sources it will messed up my all my Forms and reset all the forms. There will be lot of rework.

What about creating another 'Person' column in the same Data Source, and point at that to see if it fixes it?

That helps narrow down what's causing the problem.  Then we'll know if its the column or the list.

@BrettR I have already tried that. Same result. 

It will only works if i create a list with same content type.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tharindlaksh89 

How many LookUp fields and Person/Group fields in your SharePoint list?

Since your formula looks good and it only doesn't work on that list, I guess your SharePoint list exceeds the 12 Lookups threshold. See: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/spses/2013/12/02/sharepoint-20102013-list-view-lookup-threshold-unc... 

Lookups threshold contains Lookup columns, metadata columns, person/group columns, Created, Created By, Modified, Modified By(4 basic fields), please go to check if the number of custom lookup columns is more than 8(12-4).

The workaround currently is to reduce the number of Lookup fields

Hope this helps.

Sik

Can you take a screenshot of your table columns

Hi. As i can see there are 10 Lookup fields as per lookup definition (Lookups, People) columns. following are the list view snaps.

1.JPG2.JPG

Hi. as i counted this list have 10 lookup fields with Modified By and Created By. I have attached list view snips in thread also. And this is SharePoint Online we are working on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (29,498)