cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Missing data after importing from Excel

Dear Power Apps community,

Hi! I'm new to Power Apps and this community. I stubbled across a problem regarding importing excel data to my app. 

I have an excel sheet containing 8368 products (rows) with in the column data about the item number, description, price etc. I'm trying to create an app that shows the price of a product when searched for it. When I import the data to Power Apps, a lot of data is missing when I'm searching in the Textsearchbox. 

I'm using the standard template for importing this kind of data to Power Apps. The Function for searching in the gallery is:

SortByColumns(Search([@Prijzen]; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Description";"Item_x0020_No_x002e_";"Unit_x0020_of_x0020_Measure_x0020_Code"); "Description"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

Does anyone know what might cause this problem? 

Thanks in advance. I'm kinda stuck with this.. Please let me know if more info is needed.

KR, Rik

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Due to delegation limit, you cannot see all the 8000 rows. Kindly read this:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

Meanwhile, Goto Settings- and increase the Delegation limit to 2000

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

How often does this data change? As @eka24 noted, this particular configuration (Excel file via (presumably) OneDrive for Business) is not delegable. It will only retrieve X rows, as configured per your app (up to 2000).

If the data is slow-moving, then you can consider loading it into the app as static data. This will allow you access the entire dataset, without delegation issues, and increase performance substantially. It will require, however, that changes to the data be updated manually in the app. Not ideal, but a possibility for slow moving data.

Alternatively, you can (and should) move this data into CDS. This will allow it to be delegable, and give you much better access to the data. Keep in mind, the Excel file approach is subject to bad performance, conflicts of updates, and the potential for the entire Excel workbook to get deleted/manipulated.

If you have a simple table structure, you can keep it in Excel. Create a CDS entity with matching columns/fields, and use a Dataflow to keep the source and CDS in sync. Then your PowerApp can access CDS, and you'll have increased control over security/metadata/etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,701)