cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhineasT
Helper IV
Helper IV

Mobile App Screen Size

I created a mobile app. I did it using a Samsung S10 as the test device.

Everything sizes fine on the Samsung.

However, when someone with an iPhone11 used the app they saw the following boarding and buffers.

Does anyone know the measurements/dimensions I can hard-code into the screen X Y to get the app to size correctly for the iPhone11? All the red should be filled with app.

PhineasT_1-1652454857769.png

3 REPLIES 3
danalex89
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Did you modify the out of the box settings, i.e. disable the Setting "Scale to fit"? Do you use containers?

My 2 cents would be to check if this happens to other screen sizes too https://developer.chrome.com/docs/devtools/device-mode/ and review responsiveness via App Width and Height https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout 

Kind regards,

Alex

Yes, I modified the OTB settings.

I was building the app for what I thought was a Samsung device.

Come to find out many of the devices that will be using the app of iPhone 11.

I originally set the hardcoded screen size for Samsung S10 width and height. On the iPhone it causes the above.

Can this be easily corrected so that all of the controls and items fill the screen without distortion?

If I update the app hardcoded screen size to 1792 by 828 (the iPhone II pixel resolution), with this cause the screen to fill the page appropriately? Also, I'll then have to manually configure all the controls and items on the screen, yes?

seanbrogan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This can be a bit of a tricky one if you don't use the out of the box settings, but if you get it right you can make much more efficient use of the screen size that the OTB settings give you.

The best way to find out the exact size of a screen would be to make an app with two labels on the first screen. Set the value of these labels to be App.Width and App.Height, then open the app on your device and the labels will display the exact width and height.

If you want the app to appear properly on any device though using this method you will need to design your app in relative terms to the App.Width and App.Height.

For example, if you want a box to appear in the middle of the screen on any device, you wont be able to enter in exact values, you would have to make the box dimensions functions of the screen dimensions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,245)