Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluvio
Helper I
Helper I

Mobile app crash after some time

Hello all,

i made an app where our workers can measure their working time for diffrent step´s.  On some phone´s it works fine but some have the problem, they start the timer lock the phone and if they finished they work (around 1h) the enter in the app and everything is cancelled; seems like the app makes a restart.

As longer the working time takes, it happens oftener.

Has someone ideas how to solve it?

7 REPLIES 7
alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi fluvio,

are there any timer triggered inside the app when you workers hit the start timer clock ?

i use a onselect -> UpdateContext({StartTimer:true})

alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Allright, so maybe you should like patch a sharepoint list on the on start instead of triggering a timer and then patch back a sharepoint list on the stop. Would it be a solution for you ?

Best regards,

Alaa

Don´t realy understand what you mean, hot it works to ,,patch a sharepointlist on start"

alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Ok what I mean is that instead of using the timer component let's say you have a sharepoint list called MeasureWorkingTime that have a start, end and stepname column. So what you could do is 

onselect -> Patch(MeasureWorkingTime,Defaults(MeasureWorkingTime),{start:Now(),stepname:"step1"})

and on the stop button do something like

onselect -> Patch(MeasureWorkingTime,LookUp(MeasureWorkingTime,'Created By'.Email = User().Email && stepname = "step1"),{end:Now()})

Would this work for you ?

Best regards,

Alaa

fluvio
Helper I
Helper I

Unfortunately not really, what could cause to that problem? The app or the phone?

alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

That is unfortunate, I believe that starting a timer and waiting for a very long time like the hole day maybe is not a good practice beause basically your app could be stopped at some point by your phone. I think you should really go with a solution without the timer and maybe explore the sharepoint list.

Best regards,

Alaa

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,751)