cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Mobile device security / encryption

As you might imagine, within a Fortune 500 corporation, meeting security requirements is quite a challenge. Even more challenging is obtaining approval by all the gatekeepers, none of which are particularly motivated to be helpful.

Since PowerApps is such a new product, we are having difficulty with these very gatekeepers, as our project is the very first one. They are heavy users of O365 and adopting Power BI at a fast rate.

It is my understanding that ALL communications between the PowerApp client (player?) are over HTTPS, and therefore meet the "encrypted in motion" standard. As our backend will be Azure SQL DB, TDE or similar can be applied, hopefully satisfying the "at rest" standard.

I'm aware of PowerApps DLP settings. But I do NOT have a definitive white paper or other document I can provide to the IT Naysayers. Is there such a document? The online product pages are full of assurances, but that's not sufficient.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Mobile device security / encryption

Yes, the first link to the Compliance Center should be sufficient.

It looks to me as though PowerApps and Flow align very well with Power BI in terms of security.

If true, and the organization continues to adopt Power BI, then I think it will set a great precedent.

As always, paranoia about "data leakage" via mobile devices is both (1) annoying; and (2) well founded!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Will any of the following compliance certifications work to satisfy your IT team?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/compliance/complianceofferings?product=Power_Apps

Or the security practices listed on the Trust Center?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/CloudServices/business-application-platform/security

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Yes, the first link to the Compliance Center should be sufficient.

It looks to me as though PowerApps and Flow align very well with Power BI in terms of security.

If true, and the organization continues to adopt Power BI, then I think it will set a great precedent.

As always, paranoia about "data leakage" via mobile devices is both (1) annoying; and (2) well founded!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,301)