Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Mobile double scrollbar makes scrolling forms difficult

Hello,

My team has had an issue with PowerApps when viewed on mobile. When you have content on a screen that can be scrolled (i.e., gallery or form), you are left with a double-scrollbar when viewed on mobile. One scrollbar is for the control, and the other is for the web page itself. Would it be so difficult to make PowerApp web pages fit to the mobile window, instead of having the non-user-friendly wiggle room? It can cut off controls/data near the bottom of the screen and makes it feel messy.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Mobile double scrollbar makes scrolling forms difficult

HI @forcedLightning ,

Could you please share a screenshot about the issue within your Mobile device?

Further, do you run your canvas app in web browser in your Mobile device rather than PowerApps Mobile App?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The Scrollbar of Gallery control shows well in my PowerApps Mobile App, and the Scrollbar of screen page do not show up.

Please consider run your app using PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device rather than use browser. If your canvas app is not designed as Responsive Layout app, when you run your app using browser on Mobile device, you may face rendering issue on your side.

In addition, please also consider turn off the "Scale to fit" option within Screen size + orientation settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

7.JPG

If the issue still exists, please consider configure your canvas app as a Responsive layout app through the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Mobile double scrollbar makes scrolling forms difficult

Perhaps the screenshots will help clarify the issue. Also, I'm using the browser (Safari on iPhone 11 Pro).

It's not necessarily about the scrollbars showing, it's the fact that the PowerApp has so much wiggle room on the screen. If there is a button or other control near the bottom of the screen, it may not show at all, or be cut off. If there is a gallery/form on the screen, the user may attempt to scroll the page and end up scrolling the gallery, or vise-versa. Let me know if I can clarify the issue further. As far as I can see, it's not a bug, just an unfortunate design of PowerApps on browser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,696)