Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Mobile phone data usage

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea to work out the data usage for using PowerApps on a mobile phone. I assume it depends on the complexity of the app, but is there anyone out there who has done tests in the real world?

Thanks

Matty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Mobile phone data usage

Hi Matty,

I think the data usage would mostly depend on the amount of data that you're viewing and retrieving on your app. If you're storing and retrieving images, the data usage would be much higher.

I would recommend that you run your app over a WiFi connection. After a session, you can go into the settings of your phone and view the WiFi data usage over that specific period of time. That would give you a rough indication of data usage.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Mobile phone data usage

Hi Matty,

I think the data usage would mostly depend on the amount of data that you're viewing and retrieving on your app. If you're storing and retrieving images, the data usage would be much higher.

I would recommend that you run your app over a WiFi connection. After a session, you can go into the settings of your phone and view the WiFi data usage over that specific period of time. That would give you a rough indication of data usage.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,824)