cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoodsie
Regular Visitor

Mobile power app from sharepoint list, needs filtering?

Hi All,

I have built a basic app which is going to be used on mobile, I have imported a list from SharePoint, but this only gives me the option to sort alphabetically, ascending or descending, our users want to be able to filter the list by various fields. One field is a drop down box of choices, and the other is an employee look up.

I've seen some filtering done on apps for pc but not for mobile, is this even possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

you can watch this video. That should help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KlI1iZ_KD0

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

there is no difference between a mobile or a "pc" app. only the screen resolution and orientation is sometimes different.

Hoodsie
Regular Visitor

Im afraid I'm a bit stuck then, I couldnt find any way to filter the data as such so I created a Combo box which drops down with the list of options from the field I wanted to filter by, if you select an option it shows all the items in the list that match this.

However by enabling this I can no longer sort the items in date order, they are automatically showing oldest first. Also when picking what options to add to the combo box, I cannot see all of the fields that are in my sharepoint list, so can only use this for certain filters?

This is the code for the combo box, can I add something to dictate how to sort by created date also?

Filter('Maintenance ONLY LOG!',
'Site Name' = ComboBox1.Selected.'Site Name'||IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected.'Site Name'))

max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

you can watch this video. That should help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KlI1iZ_KD0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,739)