Users can use the app on a pc without issues. On their phones the app doesn't load, black screen. Only after they claer the cache the app loads. This work around is a nuisance. What can I do to remediate this?
Were you using the app on web app or PowerApps app on mobile? Is this happening all phone or just specific one? On iOS or Android? I have never encounter this issue on my iPhone with PowerApps app.
We provide them the url of the app. Whether they have installed the mobile powerapps I don't now.
A few weeks ago these same users got an url of an other app. That time this issue didn't occur.
Not all users are effected. The ones that are using O365 frequently are effected, the users that are 'not' using O365, only powerapps, seem less/ not effected.
Android and ios users have the same issue.
I've been having issues with the mobile app as well, but now realized the power saver setting on my phone was modifying my graphics settings and causing it to not load consistently.
Hi @v-monli-msft ,
I am having same issue on IOS device, its like I have to refresh the app screen one or two time to get correct data.
Sometime it will show older data which is not even exist as per my filter criteria and once I do refresh the screen, it will show correct data.
same for the record's field data, it is displaying another records data in main records fields, after that I do refresh and that data will come in correct form.
What might be the solution for this issue ?
Never got a definitive solution. W're informing these user to refresh.
This and other glitches are adoption deal breakers..
In my case they client denied to refresh again and again, So I have implemented work around. As of now its working fine, I am doing more testing to be sure.
Created loading screen, placed timer of 7 to 8 sec and written Refresh function for Dataset on visible of loading screen.
on timer end I have set to navigate the screen on which records are displayed.
So entry point is something like button by clicking button we go on loading screen and then originol result page.
Before that it was Button to the direct Record screen, Now it is Button to Loader screen to Record screen.
So like this I am avoiding refresh for client and getting correct data on screen.
Ask me if you need help regarding this.
Mark this as solution if you think this is the right way to avoid manual refresh and make client happy.
I have one more thing to share here.
It is better to use "Component" for displaying "loader" on screen instead of separate "loader screen", so it will make light weight application by less use of screens.
I have used component for displaying loader for 10 sec by timer.
When this component is visible to user till then datasource will be refreshed(manual by code) and all the control will be intialized properly with data.
So after 10 sec when components gets disappeared, user can see correct data 🙂
Also the same component can be used for multiple screens if there is needed.
I'm sorry to hear that you're still being impacted by this issue. In order for us to better investigate this issue, we need some information about the impacted users. Specifically, it would be very helpful for the impacted users to provide us with SessionIDs.
The following link contains details on the various ways your users can get a SessionID: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid
It concerns apps that are used once a year for a short period.
In June students have to apply for certain re-examinations. I'll try then to get a session id.
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.