cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DevinFlickinger
Advocate I
Advocate I

Model-Drive Apps How do you automate stage progress in the business process flow?

I've been working with Canvas Apps for the better part of 8 months now and love it. I recently ran through the App in a Day lab and found Model Driven Apps interesting though the documentation and available examples/use cases seem VERY sparse. It seems like a lot of features for MD Apps are being pulled in from Dynamics 365 which I have no experience in.

I work in a design and manufacturing company. I'm working on building an App that will allow our employees to submit a supplier for accounting approval and then quality control approval. So the stages aspect of the business process flow was very appealing, but it seems like theres no way to automate the progression of a record through the stages, as such users would have to hit the "Next Stage" button to send a supplier on to the next stage of its lifecycle. Does any one have suggestions on how this can be automated? Should I just stick with Canvas apps and Flow?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
DevinFlickinger
Advocate I
Advocate I

Anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

adding in @aorth to review

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,641)