cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthlex
Regular Visitor

Model Driven App Approval

Hi Guys,

I want to add a approval system in the model driven app, technically in the business process flow. 

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

So when a user click "Next stage", it will send an approval to certain approvers. Until approver approved the approval, it will move to next stage. Otherwise it just freeze in the current stage. 

Currently it seems, if user click next stage, and it will move to next stage directly. Is there anyway to solve it?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Anthony

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anthlex ,

Instant flows in business process flows has been in public preview, you can run an instant flow to track the approvals from inside a stage in the business process. For more information: Instant flows in business process flows . You can follow the guided steps in the article to run the approval flow in the stage.

If you want to prohibit moving to next stage before the approval is approved, it can be achieved in BPF by marking a given step as required. Click on the empty square in the required column to mark a step as such. This will cause users to not proceed to the next stage until this step has been completed.

Snipaste_2019-12-02_14-59-45.png

Best regards,

Sik

Hi, @v-siky-msft ,

Thanks for your reply and your idea.

Acturally, I already did it in this way. It's not that user-friendly in someway. User has to press two buttons to run the flow.

What I want to achieve is that, when the user press the "Next Stage" button, it will send out the approval. And the process kind of freeze at the current stage. If the approver approved the approval, it will move to next stage, otherwise stay at the current stage.

Cheers,

Anthony

Hi @Anthlex ,

I am afraid this feature is not available in Model driven apps currently. We have no way to integrate any instant flow to Next Stage button.

If you want this feature, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum. If your feedback is highly voted, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,343)