cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anz_G
Level: Power Up

Model Driven App Custom entity Timeline failing to load after adding a note

Hi, I've created a custom entity, enabled it for notes and inserted the Timeline functionality. This worked until today (during my demo of course!) 🙂

Adding a note triggers a timeline refresh which fails to load with an "unexpected error".

Any thoughts on how to resolve this or what might be wrong?

I've so far done the following: refreshed, re published, removed the time line saved published, re-added the time line, saved published (saw some new activity options). 

Still no luck though.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anz_G

Re: Model Driven App Custom entity Timeline failing to load after adding a note

Update on this. Seems to be resolved now.

I tested again today. Added a note, timeline auto refreshed and displayed the note. I added a second one (with attachment), same deal, timeline auto refreshed and displayed the note correctly.

Thank you Microsoft

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
joew72
Level: Powered On

I am having the same problem!

Would be great to have this fixed if anyone has any ideas.

RobbieGoff

me too Anz_G. Has been working for me for the past month, and today it's broken. Need to show it on Thursday as well! Typical.

Must be on Microsoft's end.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anz_G ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the associated records could not load within the Timeline after you added a new note?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. I would post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anz_G

Update on this. Seems to be resolved now.

I tested again today. Added a note, timeline auto refreshed and displayed the note. I added a second one (with attachment), same deal, timeline auto refreshed and displayed the note correctly.

Thank you Microsoft

View solution in original post

RobbieGoff

still not working for me unfortunately. hopefully the update hits me soon... time is ticking :S

telongmate

Same trouble here, did you get your previous timeline entries back or did it lose them, worried about my data!

Thanks

telongmate

Weirdly I noticed that if I access the app via my mobile, the Dynamics 365 app, my timeline is present and working. 

Anz_G

Very odd. Could it be a browser issue? We've had issues with Chrome this week. 

Anz_G

@telongmate 

Hi, I can confirm those ones that wouldn't load now load and show ok. When creating the note it seemed to create, trigger a refresh on the time line then the time line seemed to fail to load... but the record was already created. Timeline just wasn't loading / responding correctly. 

I have not had a problem with the timeline since, and as mentioned, all previously created notes on 25th are showing for me, linked to the correct record. I can attest to the Title, Description, Regarding, Owner and Created on Fields, but not Attachments (as I didn't add any at the time).

I appreciate this might not help so much at the moment, till the time line issues are resolved for you. 

Not sure if this would help you, but, try removing the timeline from your form, save and publish, then add it back as is (no changes), save and publish. See if it loads. If so, start making your config changes one by one and see which one (if any) break it for you (if at all).

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,039)