cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SW85
Regular Visitor

Model Driven App - Documents Integration - Document Associated Grid Issue

Hi Community

I've created a Model-Driven app that integrates with SharePoint for document management. The purpose of this is to allow the addition of documents via the MDA front end (where project work will take place), whilst they're stored in SharePoint on the back end. 

I'm having an issue with the Document Associated Grid view within the model-driven app; all folders present in the SharePoint library displayed in the Document Associated Grid view do not allow click through i.e. nothing happens when the folder is clicked. New folders can also be created via this view but none can be accessed (without going in to SharePoint to do so). 

I'm experiencing this issue across multiple environments.

Has anyone else ran in to this issue before? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SW85
Regular Visitor

Issue found and rectified - the fix was (in the end) rudimentary – I had removed the ‘Path’ column from the Document Associated Grid view. This prevented click through of folders via the model-driven app. Once I re-added the column the folders worked as normal. 
I ideally didn't want to display the Path column in my model driven app document integration views but it appears I will have to, to ensure full functionality.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SW85
Regular Visitor

Issue found and rectified - the fix was (in the end) rudimentary – I had removed the ‘Path’ column from the Document Associated Grid view. This prevented click through of folders via the model-driven app. Once I re-added the column the folders worked as normal. 
I ideally didn't want to display the Path column in my model driven app document integration views but it appears I will have to, to ensure full functionality.

apper
Frequent Visitor

Hi @SW85  I'm at the beginning stages of my understanding on this topic, but I'm curious how permissions handled on the SPO side? Do you also have to maintain them in SPO along within the security roles in MDA?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,180)