cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slgDev
Frequent Visitor

Model Driven App Import Default Component Library

Hi everyone,

First steps into Model-Driven Apps and I am currently trying to transfer a Model Driven App Solution from a development environment to a test one and I am facing the following issue.

I have edited the command bar for one of my entities and added new custom buttons (that run Power Fx). That resulted in the creation of a "Default Command Library" for my model driven app, which I then added to my solution, before exporting it.

After importing the solution to my test environment, I tried editing the entity's command bar again and noticed that my custom buttons were missing.

The component library was successfully imported to the test environment and I can see the custom Actions, once I open the Component Library for edit.

I don't understand why I can't see the custom command buttons after adding all the required components to the solution and I also can't find a way to reference the imported library's actions to an existing/new command button.

The only solution is to create new custom buttons which results into having duplicate actions in the "default command library", since the original ones are still there, but there is no way to reference them in the command designer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @slgDev ,

I can't reproduce the problem. I exported an managed solution and imported it into another environment.

But when I click on the 'Edit command bar' in new environment , it appears there. Please see the screenshots.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1657087097632.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1657087133925.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1657087167157.png

vxiaochenmsft_3-1657087180548.png

What did I miss?

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,681)