cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joew72
Advocate I
Advocate I

Model Driven App Timeline - Adding Custom Entity to To and From Records

Looking for some help with the Timeline on a model driven app.

We want to record activities taking place between one of three possible entities:

Contacts

Cases (custom entity)

Users

I want to be able to find all 3 of these entities in the lookup for To and From fields in all activities but only Contacts and Users appear (and in the 'From' field on Email, only User appears).

How would I go about making a custom entity (in this case, Cases) an option to select in the To and From lookup field on each of the different activities (we use some custom activities and some OOTB)?

Ideally no code solution if possible.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @joew72 ,

Thanks for your feedback and support. Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Power Apps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Power Apps Model Driven app, please consider submit an idea to Power Apps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

@jlindstrom any ideas?

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joew72 ,

Have you enabled notes and activities option for your custom Entity?

Do you want the custom Entity to be also shown up under the From and To LookUp field in the Email activity?

If you want the custom Entity to be also shown up under the From and To LookUp field in the Email activity, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

The From field within the Email Entity is essentially a PartyList Type, which references values from the queue,systemuser. The To field within the Email Entity is essentially also a PartyList Type, which could reference values from account,contact,knowledgearticle,queue,systemuser,unresolvedaddress.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/reference/entities/email#BK...

Currently, I afraid that there is no way to add the Custom Entity From and To LookUp field in the Email activity. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @joew72 ,

Have you enabled notes and activities option for your custom Entity?

Do you want the custom Entity to be also shown up under the From and To LookUp field in the Email activity?

Thanks, yes, note and activities are enabled.

And yes, this is exactly what I was trying to achieve. I guess at least I know that I'm not missing something! Thanks for the help.

Hi @joew72 ,

Thanks for your feedback and support. Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Power Apps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Power Apps Model Driven app, please consider submit an idea to Power Apps Ideas Forum:

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,028)