cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naps
Helper I
Helper I

[Model driven] Select multiple items from lookup?

Hi,

This is probably very simple but for whatever reason I cannot figure it out and to be honest I'm getting rather fed up with the way powerapps works. So many things that should be straight forward aren't and the documentation rarely offers any help.

The second to last screenshot is what I want to achieve, selection multiple values from a lookup.
https://www.powercommunity.com/advanced-lookup-experience-in-model-driven-power-apps/

Use case:
I have a product table and a parts table. Obviously a single part can be used in multiple products so when creating a new part entry using a form, I want to be able to select multiple products from a lookup field. I tried one to many, many to one and many to many but I'm never allowed to select more than one value from the product table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Naps 

You should be using N:N relationship between Parts and Products, On you parts form you need to add a subgrid for the products and choose only related records.

Mira_Ghaly_1-1632739940475.png

Publish and save your form

Mira_Ghaly_0-1632739796345.png

Click Add Existing Product, you can then select Multiple products and click Add

Mira_Ghaly_4-1632740063774.png

Let me know if you need any further help!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Naps 

You should be using N:N relationship between Parts and Products, On you parts form you need to add a subgrid for the products and choose only related records.

Mira_Ghaly_1-1632739940475.png

Publish and save your form

Mira_Ghaly_0-1632739796345.png

Click Add Existing Product, you can then select Multiple products and click Add

Mira_Ghaly_4-1632740063774.png

Let me know if you need any further help!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

Naps
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for your reply. Subgrids indeed work but to be that seems like a rather inefficient way to achieve something rather simple and basic. The subgrid clutters up the interface quite a bit in my opinion.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,632)