Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naps
Helper I
Helper I

[Model driven]Show related table entry outside of the related menu in a form

Hi,

What I want to do sounds like something that should be very simple but I can't figure it out. I simply want to show the "EquipmentParts" table as its own tab next to General instead of user having to click Related > EquipmentParts.

I followed the docs but for whatever reason the relationship filter in the classic view never shows anything. Obviously there is a relationship, I even tried creating a additional one from the classic view, but nothing ever shows up.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/add-edit-form-navigation-related-...

Naps_0-1631579869284.png

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but after working with powerapps for a couple of weeks I honestly feel the UI/UX is one of the worst in the world. Very few things are designed in a intuitive manner and a lot of things simply don't work or only work if you do them in a way that is near impossible to figure out on your own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The MDA UX is wonderful, but does have a learning curve (especially for brand new users). Sorry for the frustrations.

I am not 100% sure, but your post seems to imply that you realize you need to add your own Tab, Section, and Subgrid to display the child records in their own "tab" besides General (but not as the list of Related records).

If I am reading it correctly, I think you are simply using the "All Records" instead of "Related Records Only" option on a subgrid. MSFT decided to make this the default in the new editor, and should probably be the "Related Records Only" option instead. Once this is selected, you'll see your relationships to set the records shown in the subgrid (and then configure as needed).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/sub-grid-properties-legacy

GarethPrisk_2-1631580926787.png

GarethPrisk_3-1631580967501.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The MDA UX is wonderful, but does have a learning curve (especially for brand new users). Sorry for the frustrations.

I am not 100% sure, but your post seems to imply that you realize you need to add your own Tab, Section, and Subgrid to display the child records in their own "tab" besides General (but not as the list of Related records).

If I am reading it correctly, I think you are simply using the "All Records" instead of "Related Records Only" option on a subgrid. MSFT decided to make this the default in the new editor, and should probably be the "Related Records Only" option instead. Once this is selected, you'll see your relationships to set the records shown in the subgrid (and then configure as needed).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/sub-grid-properties-legacy

GarethPrisk_2-1631580926787.png

GarethPrisk_3-1631580967501.png

View solution in original post

Naps
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you.

It is that simple. I do not know why I couldn't make that work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,157)