Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YAYA
Helper II
Helper II

Model driven app filter table by assigned user

Hello 

I am canvas app person and still new in Model driven app. one of my problems is how to let the user can see only his assigned tasks. department manager assign tasks to his employees. and each employee can see his own tasks instead of all records.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

@YAYA 

Use this guide:

Model driven app views

1. Create a Public View set to see only own Records, or use an out of the box one, "My Tasks" if your Dataverse Table is Task for example, and if such view is already available.

2. If you don't want those users to ever be able to see anything else

- a. create a Security Role or just pick an existing one to modify (if picking an existing one, duplicate the original one first in case before changing it, to have a backup of the original security role - and change/rename privileges, etc. on the duplicate instead), and

- b. configure it to only see their own Records for that Table (optional, skip this if you want - but you should do this step if you never, ever want that user to see anyone else's Records in any way and for any reason), and

-c. assign that user to the Security Role and even configure that Security Role to only see that one View from #1 and not any others. 

See if it helps @YAYA 

Thanks for reply, In security roles, i can do filtration by the owner, the user can see only his created records, but what I need is the manager creating the records which has a user assigned field, and according to this field each user can see only his assigned tasks. 

@YAYA The manager should have a different security role assigned which has more privileges to the Records of that Table and has access to more views that only Manager can access, with the most relevant view at the top configured by Form Order for that role. If you want manager to see only their department but not the one above, try to check on Business Units as well in case and set this up, and for the manager to have either the Deep or Local privilege setting - whereas the regular employee should probably have just Basic privilege setting for their role.

If you set privileges up right, you may not even need to have a different view for the Manager as opposed to the Employee. "All Tasks" will show the correct one, to the Manager (Local = their Business Unit, even for the view saying "All") and to the Employee (Basic = their own Records only, even for the view saying "All"). If there is a higher level manager (Deep = All their subordinates that manage the employees, plus all their employees, even for the view saying "All") the same view could work even then.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,117)