cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YongJaco
Helper I
Helper I

Modify / Add Data from an SQL View Using EditForms

Hello! I'm still pretty new with PowerApps and would like to know the best way to edit / add data in an SQL view. Basically, I have a canvass app connected to an SQL DB. The DB has multiple tables and consolidated to a view. If I want to add / edit the view, I need to edit the underlying table (let's call it master table) where it gets the data from. I used an edit form with master table as the source.

Is lookup function an effective way to do this? I tried patterning my lookup with Shane Young's tutorial video but just couldn't make it work and I always get the message "This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation." I don't think it would be that straight forward since I want to edit the master table so in the editform, the datacard values should show it's corresponding value from the view and not the master table.

10 REPLIES 10

For those who need further assistance, Pls check here

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,894)