cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Modify Checkbox Display when checked/unchecked (email)

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Currently creating an app to create document requests.

I use checkbox to label the request as URGENT when checked. However when the request is sent through email, it only shows "true"(when checked) and then "false" when unchecked.

Is there a way we could modify it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

I am glad this worked for you. To add a space, please update the expression to: 

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("myEmail@email.com",TextInput1 & Product_Input_1RichTextEditor3_1 & If(Sensitivity_1.Value, "Yes","No") & " " &If(Urgency_1.Value, "Yes","No"),  {Attachments:RenameColumns('ATTACHMENTS HERE_1'.Attachments, "Value", "ContentBytes")})g

If your issue is solved, please mark the thread as solved, so that it is helpful for others as well.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes, to configure this instead of using CheckBoxName.Value, you can use below expression:

If(CheckBoxName.Value, "Yes","No")

Here, I have used Yes when the checkbox is checked and No when it is un-checked, you can update the expression as per your requirements.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yashag2255 , is this expression to be added in Default?

@Anonymous 

This expression will be added in the Email Body where you were placing the input for checkbox earlier. 

Hope this Helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yashag2255 , it doesn't seem to work. Tried to just copy what you have recommended: If(CheckBoxName.Value, "Yes","No")

I put it back to just: CheckBoxName in the email body. It works OK, but still is giving me "True" if checked and "False" is unchecked.

Maybe it should be presented differently?

@Anonymous 

Can you please share the expression that you have used in the Email Body? This way I will be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yashag2255 ,

This is the expression I used: 

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("myEmail@email.com",TextInput1 & Product_Input_1, RichTextEditor3_1 & Sensitivity_1 & Urgency_1,  {Attachments:RenameColumns('ATTACHMENTS HERE_1'.Attachments, "Value", "ContentBytes")})

The name of the checkbox is: Urgency_1

@Anonymous 

Can you update the expression to:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("myEmail@email.com",TextInput1 & Product_Input_1RichTextEditor3_1 & If(Sensitivity_1.Value, "Yes","No") & If(Urgency_1.Value, "Yes","No"),  {Attachments:RenameColumns('ATTACHMENTS HERE_1'.Attachments, "Value", "ContentBytes")})

Hope this Helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Super, it worked! thank you @yashag2255 🤗

Although, it looks: YesYes, is there a way to have space between them?

@Anonymous 

I am glad this worked for you. To add a space, please update the expression to: 

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("myEmail@email.com",TextInput1 & Product_Input_1RichTextEditor3_1 & If(Sensitivity_1.Value, "Yes","No") & " " &If(Urgency_1.Value, "Yes","No"),  {Attachments:RenameColumns('ATTACHMENTS HERE_1'.Attachments, "Value", "ContentBytes")})g

If your issue is solved, please mark the thread as solved, so that it is helpful for others as well.

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,879)