cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adri_microsoft
Frequent Visitor

Modify an existing item with multiple windows

I have my App with three windows. In each window I insert data for the same register in the same data source but each changing of window creates a new register in my data source and i want the same.

I think that the problem is in the field "Item" o my Form. But I don't know what i must to put instead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @adri_microsoft ,

Since the Defaults('SP list') code applied in Items property means generating a new record.

If you mean create a new record via the first form, and update the form2 and form3 data to that new-created record, please try to use the following formula, rather than SubmitForm() functions.

Patch(SiteInspector, Defaults(SiteInspector), Form1.Updates,Form2.Updates,Form3.Updates)

It will save three Form data to a same new record.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

If I understand, you have 3 forms on 3 screens. If you want to modify in one screen, change the Default Mode of the Form to Edit. 

Or

Insert a button and OnSelect put:

EditForm (YourFormName) to edit record

You can insert other buttons;

Newform (YourFormName) for New

ViewForm (YourFormName) to view

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

sorry i think i am expressing myself wrong. What I want is to edit a record in my data source (in this case an excel in which I save the data entered by power apps). Each screen I have generates a new row for me in excel, and what I want is to fill in the information for the same row in my excel.

That is what i have given in my reply, did you test my reply

Insert a button and OnSelect put:

EditForm (FormNewInspection_2) to edit record

After editing, save

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adri_microsoft,

If you want modify the the same row data via the three Forms, you need to bind the Item property of Forms to the specific record.

For example, set the Item property to First(SiteInspector), or use LookUp function to retrieve specific record:

LookUp(SiteInspector, ID= 1)

Hope this helps

Sik

I edit and I save correctly @eka24 , but in different rows. Your solution doesn't work for me.

Hi @adri_microsoft ,

Since the Defaults('SP list') code applied in Items property means generating a new record.

If you mean create a new record via the first form, and update the form2 and form3 data to that new-created record, please try to use the following formula, rather than SubmitForm() functions.

Patch(SiteInspector, Defaults(SiteInspector), Form1.Updates,Form2.Updates,Form3.Updates)

It will save three Form data to a same new record.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,205)