cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notj
Level 8

Modifying the Meeting Capture example to use Outlook tasks?

I'd like to add Outlook Tasks to the Meeting Capture example, if possible. Currently, I'm stuck even trying to bring Outlook Tasks into the app. I tried to create a gallery and put it under the Planner tasks, then select Outlook Tasks as the Data Source for the Gallery. That didn't work. I wasn't able to select it as a data source and I just ended up creating about 10  new connections to Outlook Tasks.

Then I tried adding an edit form and changing the Data Source to Outlook Tasks, but that went the same way. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm fairly new to PA.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Modifying the Meeting Capture example to use Outlook tasks?

Hi @notj ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to add Outlook Tasks as data source within your Gallery?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on Data source types in PowerApps. There are two types of data source in PowerApps -- Table data source (e.g. SP List, Excel table, SQL Table, etc) and Action data source (e.g. Office 365 Users, Azure AD, Outlook, etc).

The Outlook Tasks connector is actually a Action data source in PowerApps, you could not set it as data source within the Items property of the Gallery directly. Instead, you should call corresponding action supported under the Outlook Tasks connector:4.JPG

On your side, please set the Items property of the Gallery control to following:

OutlookTasks.GetAllTasks()           /* <-- Retrieve all tasks records from your Outlook Task connector */
OutlookTasks.CreateTask("Subject", {...})   /* <-- create a Outlook Task */

More details about the supported actions under the Outlook Task connector, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/outlooktasks/#actions

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,053)