Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alois
Helper III
Helper III

Monthly Patch to Sharepoint List without Flow

Hi All,

Attached is a simple table showing count and amount. I would like to patch them to a sharepoint list called 'Monthly Report' on a monthly basis without relying on Flow. My idea is illustrated with a pseudocode something like this:

If(Today's date => 30 and Tomorrow's date <= 31, Patch(Monthly Report, ....))

Would it be possible to achieve this? However, I'm stuck with the syntax and logical reasoning. 

Alois_0-1605085033369.png

Regards,
Alois

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Alois 

I don't think that the formula should be an issue, I strugle to understand how do you want to trigger the patch() function.  You think to patch () info into monthly report when the app is starting based on that condition ?

Or do you have something else in mind like a button ?

To see if today() is the last day of the month, you can use this condition inside the if statement:

Today() = DateAdd( DateAdd( Date(Year(Today()), Month(Today()), 1), 1, Months), -1, Days)

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Alois 

I don't think that the formula should be an issue, I strugle to understand how do you want to trigger the patch() function.  You think to patch () info into monthly report when the app is starting based on that condition ?

Or do you have something else in mind like a button ?

To see if today() is the last day of the month, you can use this condition inside the if statement:

Today() = DateAdd( DateAdd( Date(Year(Today()), Month(Today()), 1), 1, Months), -1, Days)

Hope it helps !

Thanks! I was struggling with the formula to check if today is the last day of the month. I intend to trigger the patch function when the app starts hence I'll insert the code in OnStart section.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,472)