cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDCJOEE
Advocate III
Advocate III

More button when combo box is cut off

I am working with a combo box inside of an edit form, and I have it currently in "view mode." The combo box selection is cut-off due to the width of the form, and I am seeing a "more" button I can click to view the full selection. This is really cool, but I'd love to change to the color of the font because it blends in too well to my background (check out the screenshot below). I looked up and down over the properties of this control but I don't see anything referencing the font's color. Is this something that can be changed?

2021-01-04 14_39_57-DDC_MS_PTO_Dashboard_V2 - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps and 1 more page - Wor.png

5 REPLIES 5
FabianAckeret
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @DDCJOEE 

Do you use the new responsive containers?

I didn't see this "more" button as a default behaviour yet. Or I never realized... but I think this is just a label/button control. If so, just select the "More" control and change the Color property. If you're opening this in view mode, perhaps it's even DisabledColor.

If this doesn't help, could you explain when this "more" button shows up exactly? What are your screen size settings (File --> Settings --> Screen size + orientation)?

Kind regards,

Fabian

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
DDCJOEE
Advocate III
Advocate III

Thanks for the reply @FabianAckeret

It is not inside of one of the new responsive containers, though I am interested in trying those out. As far as I can see, the "more" text is a part of the DataCardVaue / Combo Box field inside of my edit form. I can't drill down any further than that field. The text only appears when the form's display mode is view/disabled (the combo box is set to use the parent's Display Mode). My screen size is 1366 x 768. I've included a larger screenshot of what I am seeing below.

2021-01-04 16_24_52-DDC_MS_PTO_Dashboard_V2 - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps and 2 more pages - Wo.png

I've tried modifying every color option in that field and adjacent to it, and nothing appears to modify the text's color.

I'm almost starting to think maybe this is a brand new feature that I've accidentally stumbled upon.

FabianAckeret
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @DDCJOEE 

I'm so sorry for the super late answer. Just realized now that I still owe you an answer.

As stated above I've never actively seen this one before, but I could reproduce it 🙂 Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to change the color.

If you really want to go through the struggle, you might have luck by downloading the .msapp, unzip it and search yourself through the .json files and adjust the color of it.

Kind regards,

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
TKEnes
Helper I
Helper I

I am also struggling with it right now. But time has passed since this post. Is there now a solution to this problem?

Paschendael

Hey, I'm having the same issue and cant find any documentation to understand this feature. i would like to hide that "More" button altogether. hoping someone has dealt with this before.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,619)